Sunday, January 18, 2015

Thou shalt not wear cargo shorts at Pratunam, Bangkok City

PHOTO CREDIT: screen grab from "Old Navy"

When my colleague asked me where the best place to bring his wife in Bangkok City, without any hesitation I mentioned Pratunam.

In short, I made an itinerary for both of them for 3 days and 2 nights. I even referred one of my favorite hotels in that area. The place was perfect since his wife loved to shop for their three daughters.

Aside from advices and suggestions, I told him to be on guard when shopping within Pratunam. There are plenty of pickpockets lurking and waiting for unsuspecting shoppers. He took my advice seriously and didn't let his wife out of sight during their entire shopping spree. On their last night in Bangkok, my colleague was elated since nothing untoward happened to them until he searched his side pocket for his wife's mobile phone.

It was gone; somebody took it from his buttoned side pocket without him noticing it. His elated feeling turned into disappointment since they had many pictures in Bangkok City taken by his wife's Samsung Galaxy S3. Because he tailed and kept an eye on his wife all of the time-he invariably ended up as a victim. His wife castigated and teased him.

When he mentioned this to me, I remembered the feeling of losing around 500 USD at Pratunam, Bangkok City last year.

See related posts:

Beware of pickpockets at Pratunam
Tips to avoid pickpockets in Pratunam

We were both wearing cargo shorts when we were robbed.



No comments:

Post a Comment